Enjoy an evening of uplifting music and song beamed to you live from The Met, and hosted by Bury’s own Noreen Kershaw.
Bringing together musicians and singers from many different backgrounds, we’re unashamedly spreading the power of positivity and friendship, and the healing strength of music.
- Hallé string quartet with Peter Liang – musicians from one of the world’s greatest orchestras perform a joyful medley of tunes to make you smile.
- The Hallé on film – Celebrating the return of live music-making to Greater Manchester, this film – shown for the first time at Happy – takes a look at the breadth of work the Hallé has delivered in the last two years, specifically for the people and children of communities across Greater Manchester.
- Songs from the ALFA@HOME Community Choir – Bury-based ALFA Education’s online community choir, directed by Carolyn and Jo Hudson, include members of the Metzo Community Choir, the Bolton Hospital Choir, and teachers, nurses, carers, doctors and students from Bury and beyond. Formed in April 2020, a year later they’re still meeting up and creating fantastic performances.
- Bury Youth Theatre on film – Enjoy the work of the vital and inspiring Bury Youth Theatre.
- Manchester band Models bring their own brand of pop perfection to the stage to launch New Faces*, Happy’s songwriting talent programme. Models combine blissfully catchy melodies with contemporary tales of love in all its glory.
- Doolally sing Happy! Expect some silly songs from the fabulous foursome, all designed to make you gasp and giggle. An uproarious end to a glorious evening.
* New Faces is Happy’s talent discovery programme. We’re looking for musicians at any stage of their career to be mentored by David Firman – Victoria Wood’s Musical Director – and Joe Nelson from Manchester band Models. Over six weeks, you’ll work together to arrange and orchestrate your song, which will be performed at Happy in September in front of a live audience. A chance in a million to work with the best in the business.
Dates & Times
This is a FREE unticketed online event