Help The Met Continue to Bring Music & Creativity to Bury
As we all do our bit to help keep our communities safe and healthy, The Met has to close its doors (temporarily) to the public. This goes against everything we aim to be; inclusive, welcoming and packed with music, creativity and happy people. Which means we’re looking ahead to when we can re-open, and what we can do in the meantime to keep reaching people.
We still want people to feel the excitement of an upcoming gig, hear that artist they couldn’t wait to see, and rehearse that performance they couldn’t wait to showcase. We have developed a whole host of ideas that will see us through this closure and beyond, but we need your help to allow us to keep delivering these projects and expand on our ideas during a time when we have very limited income.
Any donations will go towards the continuation and development of our existing projects, and allow us to expand on our ideas to ensure we are reaching as many people as possible at a time when they need it most.
Currently, we are proud to be doing the following:
- Partnering with United We Stream GM to use our building for weekly livestreams of amazing Manchester artists to ensure we all have exciting gigs to look forward to throughout this lockdown.
- Working with our wonderful workshop leaders to develop online content which allows them to engage with their group members remotely.
- Recording interviews between our Artistic Director and acclaimed artists to give you all the backstage information you need to get to know the Manchester music scene inside out.
- Helping our supported artists to continue delivering their work to inspire and entertain our community throughout this period.
- Rescheduling as many of our shows as possible to make sure our audience has something to look forward to when we can reopen our doors.
We’re also looking to start to work on building a portfolio of online classes from our supported artists related to the school curriculum to help children being homeschooled across the country, extend our current provision of workshop content for our group members, and create more online content for our audiences to enjoy such as interviews with our performers, patrons and staff members, and backstage tours of our lovely building.
If you’re in a position to help support us and our community until we can open our doors again, we’d be very grateful.
If you’re not a regular customer of The Met or are having trouble logging in to your account but still want to donate, you can contribute to our Crowdfunder as part of the nationwide #SaveOurVenues campaign with the Music venues Trust by clicking below.