Family Yoga workshops are open to everyone – children, teens, mums, dads, grandparents and carers. You do not need to be super fit, just arrive with a willing spirit!
Yoga and mindfulness are great for children and families, as they offer a chance for imaginative discovery of self, collaboration with peers and family members, as well as non-competitive movement, dance, fun and laughter.
During the workshops you’ll enjoy:
- Storytelling accompanied by movement, breath awareness and sound.
- Energetic movement sequences to challenge everyone.
- Partner work to encourage teamwork and bonding.
- Breathing practices to calm the mind and body.
- The enjoyment of learning and spending time together.
- Rejuvenating relaxations and fun guided imagery.
- A feeling of calm and tranquillity, helping families to relax in each other’s company.
Each session ends with a creative session which promotes a sense of mindfulness, allowing us to be present together and express ourselves through themed art and craft.
You’ll all return home feeling rejuvenated; overflowing with love in your hearts, and a sparkle in your eyes!
This month we explore a favourite children’s story, saving the friendly helpful Superworm from the powers of an evil wizard and his servant crow.
This interactive storytelling session will – as ever – involve movement through yogic postures, breath-work and sound in a fun, interactive session providing the opportunity to explore narratives of friendship and kindness.
Every session ends with an opportunity to create something linked to the theme or story explored. This month we will be creating rainbow snakes out with yarn and recycled/ biodegradable materials (all provided). Feel free to bring your own embellishments 🙂