Family Yoga workshops are open to everyone – children, teens, mums, dads, grandparents and carers. You do not need to be super fit, just arrive with a willing spirit!
Yoga and mindfulness are great for children and families, as they offer a chance for imaginative discovery of self, collaboration with peers and family members, as well as non-competitive movement, dance, fun and laughter.
During the workshops you’ll enjoy:
- Storytelling accompanied by movement, breath awareness and sound.
- Energetic movement sequences to challenge everyone.
- Partner work to encourage teamwork and bonding.
- Breathing practices to calm the mind and body.
- The enjoyment of learning and spending time together.
- Rejuvenating relaxations and fun guided imagery.
- A feeling of calm and tranquillity, helping families to relax in each other’s company.
Each session ends with a creative session which promotes a sense of mindfulness, allowing us to be present together and express ourselves through themed art and craft.
You’ll all return home feeling rejuvenated; overflowing with love in your hearts, and a sparkle in your eyes!
We’re Going on a Bear Hunt
February’s Family Yoga workshop will see us explore the wilderness of our imagination on a bear hunt, following the classic children’s book through creative movement, somatics, storytelling and song.
We will also be creating our own binoculars for future bear hunts out in the wild, so please feel free to bring along anything crafty to decorate them (e.g. ribbon, string, sequins etc) – There will be lots of resources on the day so if you’re unable to bring any that is no problem.