Now, at a time when you need it most, we have been working harder than ever before to find ways to unite our community while we are apart.
Our work brings people together to celebrate great music, emerging talent, unforgettable performances and the endless benefits that creativity can have to our lives. We entertain, uplift and include, and this is why we need your help to continue to bring creativity to our community during this time.
On #GivingTuesdayNow, we wanted to raise £500 to help us achieve this goal. We are so happy to share that we managed to raise a grand total of £906 throughout the day – an amazing amount which will go so far in allowing us to continue and expand on the projects listed below. While #GivingTuesdayNow is over for the next few months, we still need your support to sustain our organisation, particularly during such a challenging time. Please consider donating to our cause by clicking here, and if you need any persuasion as to why you, just read the post below…
We want people to feel the excitement of an upcoming gig, hear that artist they couldn’t wait to see, and rehearse that performance they couldn’t wait to showcase. We have developed a whole host of ideas that will see us through this closure and beyond, but we need your help to allow us to keep delivering these projects and expand on our ideas during a time when we have very limited income.
We wanted to share a message from our staff telling you what we’ve all been up to, and why we needed support this #GivingTuesdayNow…
Currently, we are proud to be doing the following:
- Partnering with United We Stream GM to use our building for weekly livestreams of amazing Manchester artists to ensure we all have exciting gigs to look forward to throughout this lockdown.
- Working with our wonderful workshop leaders to develop online content which allows them to engage with their group members remotely.
- Recording interviews between our Artistic Director and acclaimed artists to give you all the backstage information you need to get to know the Manchester music scene inside out.
- Helping our supported artists to continue delivering their work to inspire and entertain our community throughout this period.
- Rescheduling as many of our shows as possible to make sure our audience has something to look forward to when we can reopen our doors.
We’re also looking to start to work on building a portfolio of online classes from our supported artists related to the school curriculum to help children being homeschooled across the country, extend our current provision of workshop content for our group members, and create more online content for our audiences to enjoy such as interviews with our performers, patrons and staff members, and backstage tours of our lovely building.
We need your help to enable us to keep working on these projects to support our community at a time when they need it most. Please help us to do this by donating here.