As we all do our bit to help keep our communities safe and healthy, The Met has to close its doors (temporarily) to the public. This goes against everything we aim to be; inclusive, welcoming and packed with music, creativity and happy people. Which means we’re looking ahead to when we can re-open, and what we can do in the meantime to keep reaching people.
Support us and together we will bring more creativity to Bury
- The Met aims to nurture and encourage creativity through the opportunities we provide. Whether it’s showcasing artists on our stages, or giving them access to our workshops and recording studios, we believe in allowing access to the arts for the health and wellbeing of the community.
Together we can create extraordinary experiences for everyone.
- As a charity, we rely on your support and involvement to keep The Met moving forward. If you’re a UK taxpayer your donation is worth 25% more using the gift aid scheme too.
- Individual givers receive a host of benefits, including discounts at our restaurant Automatic, advance notifications and priority tickets and events.
Here are some ways you can help us, and what you, as an advocate of The Met, could enjoy in return:
Support – £5 per month
- Regular updates on the impact of your support
- Advance notice of events and early booking for selected events
- Invite to the artistic director’s Christmas social
- The opportunity to Pay What You Want for selected events
- 10% discount in Automatic*
Showcase – £12 per month
Ideal for couples or friends who attend and support The Met together. All of the above plus…
- Joining pack
- Free cloakroom use at events
- 2 complimentary tickets per year for event chosen by the Artistic Director for you
- Thank you on our website and in our Annual Report
- Invitation to exclusive events, including artist receptions
- Personal membership management
Headline – £25 per month
All of the above plus…
- Access to soundchecks for selected shows
- Priority access to some of our most in-demand shows during advance booking period
- 10% discount on venue hire for private parties and events
- Your name on the Supporter’s Wall in The Stanley Bar.
How could your donation help?
The Met invests over £2000 every week in outreach work and workshops that have a direct benefit for the people of Bury.
- Each person signing up as a Supporter for a year makes a vital contribution to The Met’s mission to nurture and encourage local talent and creativity.
- By signing up as a Showcase member for a year you allow us to invite a group of disadvantaged school children to one of our theatre performances.
- By signing up as a Headline member for a year you allow us to create an extra season of workshops for young people with learning disabilities.
If you’re a UK taxpayer your donation is worth 25% more using the Gift Aid scheme.
Sign Up Now
Click below to sign up as a supporter and begin donating now. Have more questions? Use the contact form below and we’ll get in touch with answers!
We are grateful to our corporate sponsors for their support. Their contribution to The Met is absolutely vital. They help us make our work accessible, and make a difference to the lives of local people.
We’re proud to have patrons who value our work and lend us their influence. Our patrons are prominent in the arts and business, they speak for us and help us to spread the word about the great work we do.
Thank you to the trusts and foundations who help us continue to deliver a relevant and exciting annual programme of events and workshops.
Contact us to find out more about how you can support us through regular giving or one off donations.